One of the residences of the Office of the President of Ukraine. A palace is built at the beginning of a 20th century for the parents of prince Yusupov. He went down in history as an assassin of Grigory Rasputin. Prince Felix Yusupov, the junior, was engaged to the one niece of the last Russian czar Nicholas II, Grand Princess Irina Alexandrovna, in the Palace in Autumn of 1912. In February, 1945 here the residence of Joseph Stalin and Vyacheslav Molotov took place during the Yalta (Livadia) Conference (the special underground bunker of dictator was saved).
Examination is accompanied an enthralling excursion, engulfing the period of history from early dark ages to our days.
The palace was built for one of the richest aristocratic families of Russia releted to the imperial dynasty. And it was designed by the talented Russian architect Nikholas Krasnov.
It`s owner, Prince Yusupov Count Sumarocov-Elston, was a Govenor-General of Moscow.
In 1945, during the Yalta Conference of leaders of the three nations - the USSR, the USA and the Great Britain, the Yusupov Palace was the residence of the Soviet delegation headed by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief, Josef Stalin and Minister Vyacheslav Molotov.
In the post-war period the palace turned into the summer residence of the CPSU Central Committee and it received numerous party and state figures of the Soviet Union.
The Palace was built in Neo-Roman style with the Renaissance architectural details. The Palace entrances, staircases and arches are decorated with sculptures of lions, and Hellenistic mythological characters by Italian and German masters of the 19th century. Relic trees and tiny pools surround the palace from all the sides.
The palace park takes the area of 16.5 hectares and was founded by the famous gardener Karl Antonius Kebach. It contains over the 160 species of decorative trees and bushes.